Saturday, November 10, 2012

Insanity



Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  - Albert Einstein

It's not Virginia's fault that I have experienced motherhood induced insanity, its clearly my own.  You see, 12.5 months later I still have not learned that Virginia will do things when she is ready, not when I am ready for her to do them.  Let's take pacifiers, bottles and sippy cups for example:

From the middle of December to the middle of January she had a minimum of 3 different binkys in her crib that we would try to get her to suck on.  She hated them all.  


 From the middle of January until the end of February we must have tried to give Virginia 8 or 9 different bottles.  She hated them all.

And here is her current collection of sippy and straw cups.  She thinks they are all fun toys and is learning all about how gravity works by dropping them from her high chair over and over and over again.  


If I don't learn my lesson soon and realize that Virginia will do things when she wants to do them I will eventually end up with every type of toddler fork, every type  tricycle, and every type of pencil that I can find.  


No comments:

Post a Comment