Thursday, September 12, 2013

what I always dreamed of


This.
This is what I always dreamed of.

gorgeously unkept rose garden.
aloof sweet spotted dog.
curious & beautiful little girl.
soul mate (not pictured).

What I now realize is what I dreamed of doesn't have to be perfection to be a dream come true.  I would do anything to take away the pain that this journey has caused Virginia and I will do anything to avoid her pain in the future, but this journey is what makes this image perfection to me.

Like the pebbles strewn across the slate path, our lives and bodies are not perfect but somehow it does not take away from the beauty of the moment.  Those pebbles, our struggles have not destroyed the dream, they have just made us more focused on the beauty.

Like the tilted flowers looking for the sun, we are still finding our way.  Looking for the best direction to help our girl blossom.  We must me flexible and willing to reach for that brightness.

It is always easier to see the beauty and relinquish the pain while we are in the moment.  




read more about why the garden is so special here. Virginia's own little secret garden.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! And the journey DOES make it perfection. I look forward reading more. And thank you for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete