Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day - Dear Virginia

Dear Virginia,
Thank you for making me a mother.
Thank you for giving me a new appreciation and new love for my mother.
Thank you for being the first thing I think of when I wake up.
Thank you for being the last person I pray for before drifting off to sleep.
Thank you for our early mornings together.
Thank you even for your cranky nights.
Thank you for always giving me just what I need when I need you the most.
Thank you for your naps when I need them most.
Thank you for your giggles and 'uhhhh-huhs'.
Thank you for the bottomless stares of your big blue eyes.
Thank you for your patience as we figure out this parenting thing.
Thank you for teaching me all about hope, faith, and patience.
Thank you for fighting so hard.
Thank you for never giving up.
Thank you for being so brave.
Thank you for all you went through to make us a family.

Everyday I feel like my heart is full of love and somehow the next day I love you even more.


Well, I have a thing to tell you,
and it won't take long:
The way I feel about you
is a kind of a song.
It starts with an OOO,
and ends with a kiss,
and all along the middle, 
it goes something like this---

OOO, Snuggle Puppy of mine!
Everything about you
is especially fine.
I love what you are.
I love what you do.
Fuzzy little Snuggle Puppy,
I love you.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Happy Mother's Day! Isn't it wonderful to have such gratitude for the simplest of moments. Love~ Shi

    ReplyDelete