Thursday, May 23, 2013

perspective

Its been a busy 19 months few days  and I had lost some perspective.

It was gained back this  morning during the chaotic 30 minutes between when Sarah (our nanny/babysitter/great friend) arrived and when I arrived at my desk.  

It was in that time that my husband was finally home (yay) after 4 days away.

It was in that time that Ginny asked me for more milk without throwing her cup or incessantly whining.

It was in that time, as I was cleaning her up from breakfast that I resisted to the urge to pick her up to wipe the banana off of her pants and instead sat there and marveled as she walked clear across the room.

It was in that moment that I realized that she IS making progress.

It was in that moment that I realized that is is me that needs to slow down, to observe, to encourage, to regain my perspective.  


When I arrived at work I opened up a message from another preemie mom reminding me that it is all about patience, perspective, and gratitude.   Those 30 minutes today changed me and were just what I needed in order to be a better Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment