Monday, June 24, 2013

night away

Its amazing what 24 hours away can do.  Heath and I spent our first night together & away from Virginia since February 21st 2012 (her last night in the hospital).  We have each been away from her a number of times but never together.  I wasn't nervous to leave her because I knew she was going to be having lots of fun with Moma, but I was very happy to see her (and her big smile) when we got back home.

We were in Brooklyn this weekend to attend the wedding of one of my dearest friends from Architecture school.   It was so nice to see some wonderful friends that I don't get to see nearly enough and a great getaway for us as a couple.  It was such a gorgeous evening full of love, celebration, and delicious cocktails.  There is nothing like seeing the friends that you love get married.

Moma arrived a day before the wedding festivities so we were able to spend some time with her before our little getaway and then a little more time with her before she left.  Naturally, we spent most of that time at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment