Friday, July 20, 2012

Future Bulldog

I called this week to request a copy of Virginia's medical records.  At discharge they only gave us a 3 page summary sheet, which seemed a bit concise for a 4 month hospital stay.  Im not sure why I would ever need her whole medical record, but its seems like its probably a good idea to get a little more documentation.  Something about the discharge summary being smaller than each of the 39475904857 EOB's that we have gotten for her stay made me feel like I should request the records.

When I called I was aware that it cost 65 cents per page.  What I was not prepared for was the person on the other end of the phone informing me that Virginia had thousands and thousands of pages of records.  The money might be better spent on her freshman year tuition at Yale ;)


I shouldn't be surprised that the cost of her Yale tshirt was equivalent to about 4 hours of records :)

No comments:

Post a Comment