Monday, July 16, 2012

Our new normal feels normal



I dont know if it is just a change in perspective or if things really (finally!)  are very close to what we always imagined the first year of parenthood to be like.  I think it is probably a combination of both.  Afterall, I don't even really remember what it was like to be pregnant and thinking things were "normal."  I went to the menu page on my kindle the other day and my heart sank when I realized that I had only made it to week 20 in my "pregnancy, month by month" ebook.   

just this weekend for example:
*Going to church as a family- How I always imagined
*Thinking nothing of wiping the pew down and sanitizing our hands after the sign of peace and again after communion- change in perspective.
*Taking Virginia shopping- How I always imagined.
*Taking Virginia shopping for the first time at almost 9 months old- change in perspective.


 Whether it is the change of perspective or whether things really are pretty close to where we thought they would be doesn't really matter, we are so happy.  We are still living life day to day, not as a survival mechanism like it once was, but now because our girl is growing too fast for us to to be anywhere but the present.

Our "new normal" is  much healthier and happier than the "new normal" that I wrote about in months past.  Virginia is thriving and we are taking advantage of the safety of summer to get out of the house to do things as a family.  This "new (wonderful) normal" is one that was hard to imagine even on the best of days a few months ago.  





No comments:

Post a Comment