Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Laundry

We do alot of laundry these days.  

I remember the first time I did laundry for Virginia. It was probably the first and only time that I have been really really excited to do laundry.  My mom, ever the fabulous shopper (an amazing genetic trait that was passed down to my sister and I) had ordered itty bitty shirts for Virginia to wear.  So itty bitty that 6 or 7 of them fit into a small usps envelope that arrived in my mailbox.  We had also just received the box of clothes from Dylan so despite the itty bittyness of all the clothes there was a sizable load.   Virginia's condition was certainly still very precarious, but doing baby laundry (even itty bitty baby laundry) made me so happy.  

Laundry doesn't make me quite as happy anymore but reminders like this photo below do make me so happy and grateful. That itty bitty shirt is put away for now awaiting the perfect size baby doll for Ginny to play with someday soon.  


Speaking of comparisons, Virginia now fits in those diapers that once looked SO big next to her postage stamp preemie diaper.  Diaper laundry isn't that fun either, but I cant help but love all the fun colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment