Sunday, June 24, 2012

Another 124 days

Virginia was born at 11:11am.  At just after 11am 124 days later she was discharged from the hospital.  Now 124 days after discharge we are on vacation, celebrating being out of the hospital for longer than she was in the hospital.  God is good!

To me this is such an important milestone.  The further and further we get away from the hardest days of our lives the easier it is to forget the horrible memories and only remember and even be nostalgic about the good ones.  Thankfully, Im not sure I could interpret ventilator settings or electrolyte labs like I could in the fall but Im positive that I can point to the exact places on my chest where Virginia was placed the first time I held her.  I know just where her tiny little head was and where her precious toes dangled.  The good memories are imprinted in us.  

I dont have a scale here, but based on her pretty consistent weight gain, I would bet that she weights right around 13 pounds and 4 ounces, which means she has doubled her discharge weight of 6 pounds 10 ounces.



No comments:

Post a Comment